Understanding and Purification
Why purify your air?
Indoor Air- More Ick! than
meets the eye
We purify our water, why not our air? We eat organic food, drink filtered water and clean with anti-bacterial products. What about the air you and your family breathe? Indoor air quality can be 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. According to the EPA, Americans spend up to 90 percent of their time indoors.
Did you know that humans shed 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cell every minute? That is over 50 million per day per person living in your home. Add a family pet or two, and the number goes up even more! Theses dead skin cells contribute too much of the 40 pounds of dust collected in the average six-room home per year in the US.
These are other causes of “mystery dust” and pollutants in your home. The fibers released from furniture, drapery, carpeting and clothing, drift and settle around the home each time they are touched. Also, when you vacuum up the dirt and dust with a vacuum cleaner, you the vacuum usually spits out dirt and debris while you are cleaning.
And that’s not all! Did you know that the dust mites love to feast on the dust? And just like other living organisms, dust mites produce waste. If the mites themselves are not horrific enough, their waste becomes another home allergen.
It’s a perfect storm to household ick!
Even the cleanest homes, don’t be fooled by what you cannot see. These culprits may not be visible, but they are there wreaking havoc on the well-being of you and your family
Common Indoor Air Pollutants:
- Dust mites in pillows, blankets or stuffed animals
- Tobacco smoke & cooking fumes
- Pet Hair and dander
- Pollen and dust
Outdoor air is filled with more dust and pollutants as a result or particulate matter circulating from the natural environment, industry and transportation. Opening windows for FRESH air allows these outside particulates to enter your home
By now you barely want to breathe! Most pollutant are microscopic and can easily pass through the nose or throat directly into lungs, increasing chances of you and your family becoming susceptible to allergens and irritants.
Get some fresh air?
PURIFY AND PROTECT
You can take precautions to help control indoor air quality and reduce the threat of these unavoidable pollutants in your home. One of the most effective way is through air purification. By placing Holmes air purifier throughout your home, you can capture and trap up to 99.9% of impurities from air passing through the filter. Widely recommended by doctors and allergist, air purifiers protect you and your family all year long
How does an Air Purifier help?
Which Air Purifier is the right one for me?
How to decide which one is right for you?
Investing in an air purifier is the first step toward creating a fresh, clean indoor environment. Before making purchase, you’ll need to consider many factors, like the size of the room, if you’re looking for allergy relief or just overall wellness, and which type of air filter is best for your home and lifestyle.
How is the Performance of an Air Purifier Measured?
Most air purifiers are tested for efficiency in terms of Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR).
What is CADR?
Most air purifiers are tested for efficiency in terms of Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR). CADR is a third party test measure indicating the volume of filtered air delivered by an air purifier. The higher the CADR numbers, the faster the unit filters the air passing through the filter. CADR is important because it is an objective way for you to compare the performance of one air purifier to another.
Tip: Look for tested products and only purchase from a reliable source. Bionaire® is a leading brand in indoor air products delivering quality, value and peace of mind to you and your family.
- Small Room (nursery, office or small bedroom) – up to 155 sq ft Recommended CADR: up to 97
- Medium Room (bedroom or family room) – up to 300 sq ft Recommended CADR: 98-130
- Large Room (great rooms or large living spaces) – up to 500 sq ft Recommended CADR: 130 and up
Air purifiers with permanent filters require regular cleaning when particles like pet dander, dust and other allergens get trapped and cause it to fill up. Some products come with features that notify you when time to clean the filter, but others require you to check for yourself. Permanent filters can be tedious and time consuming to clean throughout the year, so keep this in mind if you decided to invest in a permanent filter air purifier. Permanent filters also degrade over time, so the filter or the air purifier itself will eventually need replaced.
On the other hand, replacement filters – also known as “trap and toss” filters – require a brand new filter each time the filter is full. While this can seem tedious, it helps ensure that you’re not recycling the same allergens into your indoor air. This option is best for those with allergies who want to be positive they’re starting fresh with a new filter each time. Replacement filters don’t require cleaning, so those with busy lifestyles can simply stock up on multiple replacements at once and have them on hand when necessary.
Replacement filters allow you to have fresh, clean air purifier each time you change a filter
What type of filter do you need?
Whether you go with a permanent or replacement filter depends largely on you and your household’s preferences.
What is a Micron?
Common airborne allergens range from 3-100x larger than 0.3 microns. Holmes True HEPA removes microns as small as 0.3 microns while HEPA Type removes microns as small as 2 microns.*
Air Purifier | Care and Cleaning
To get the most benefit from your Bionaire™ product and to avoid product misuse, follow all instructions carefully, specifically the operation, care and maintenance guidelines. Please note this is an electrical appliance and requires attention when in use. Cleaning your product every one or two weeks is important in order to maintain efficient, healthy operation.
- Always unplug the air cleaner before moving or cleaning the unit, opening the grill, or changing the filters. It should also be unplugged whenever the unit is not in use. To disconnect the unit, be sure to pull the plug and not the cord.
- Permanent filters can be vacuumed every few months for easy cleaning.
- The washable pre-filter captures larger particles and extends the permanent filter’s
- NEVER drop or insert any objects into the openings of the unit.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug.
- DO NOT place anything on top of unit.
- NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner, furniture polish, paint thinner or
other household solvents to clean any part of the appliance.
- Always turn the appliance off before unplugging it.
- The ionizer may cause a static charge to build up on the air outlet grill. A static charge may be felt if the unit is not properly grounded. To avoid a static charge, plug the unit's three-prong plug into a grounded outlet, or properly install a ground
adaptor. The static charge will not occur if the ionizer is off.
- This appliance should only be used in rooms with temperatures between 4° C (40°F) and 43° C (110° F).
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Turn off and unplug the unit before cleaning.
- The outside of the air purifier can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth.
- The filtered air outlet/top air vent can be cleaned of dust with a small, soft brush.
- You can remove the air inlet/front grill for cleaning by opening the air cleaner’s door. Carefully place fingers in the indentation on the right side of the door and gently pull forward. Once the door is open to 90 degrees, pull the grill up and forward. Once removed, the front grill can be cleaned with warm, soapy water. Do not place in dishwasher. Make sure the grill is completely dry before reinstalling.
- If you wish to clean the inside of the air purifier, please remove filters and only use a dry, soft cloth to wipe it down.
- DO NOT wash HEPA or CARBON filters.
- WARNING: Do not allow moisture to come in contact with the main housing of
the air cleaner.
Pre-Filter Cleaning Instructions
- Turn off and unplug the unit before cleaning.
- Every 2-3 weeks check the conditions of the washable foam pre-filter.
- Open the front door and remove the pre-filter frame to examine the pre-filter.
- If the pre-filter has a noticeable amount of dust, lint or particulate accumulation,
wash it by hand in warm soapy water. The pre-filter must be washed at least every 30 days, or more often as necessary. If the pre-filter is worn or damaged replace it. DO NOT wash in an automatic washer. Gently hand wash only.
- After washing, rinse and dry the pre-filter thoroughly before replacing it into the air cleaner door. DO NOT dry the pre-filter in an automatic dryer. Dry only by dabbing gently with a dry, cloth hand towel.
- Replace pre-filter in door and latch pre-filter frame.
Cleaning a permanent filter
- The permanent filter is designed to never need replacement. However, we recommend regular cleaning for optimal performance.
- Every few weeks, check the condition of the filter.
- After approximately 3 months of operation, a Filter Clean Indicator will alert you to clean the filter before further use.
- To clean the filter:
- Turn off and unplug the air cleaner.
- Remove the air inlet grill by pulling on the tab.
- Remove and examine the foam pre-filter.
- If it has collected dust or lint, remove and wash it in warm, soapy water. Rinse and drip dry thoroughly before placing it back into the grill inlet.
- Check the condition of the permanent filters and remove if dirty.
- Clean the permanent filter.
- Using your vacuum cleaner, run the brush attachment along both sides of the filter and clean between the pleated layers. IMPORTANT: Do not use water, household cleaners, or detergents to clean the permanent filter.
- The filter may appear discoloured, even after vacuuming. This is normal and does not affect performance in any way—a new filter is not necessary.
For Inquiries on Parts and Service, or Other Queries, please Contact Us
Address: Unit 1811 Jollibee Plaza Condominium, F. Ortigas Jr. Road Formerly Emerald Avenue, Ortigas Center, Barangay San Antonio, Pasig City 1600
Telephone Number: 8632-0607;
8632-0609; 8632-0610; 8632-7315
Mobile: +63 945-7237353; +63 919-0807859